Now is the time to explore your health coverage options.
In Kansas, you can access the Health Insurance Marketplace by visiting healthcare.gov. At healthcare.gov you’ll learn about the available plans and rates for your area. You can also estimate your out-of-pocket costs by answering a few questions about your household.
The Marketplace will be open in the fall. There are four easy ways to apply:
- By contacting a Certified Application Counselor to help you with the process.
- Online at healthcare.gov.
- Over the phone at 800-318-2596.
- By mailing in a paper application.
You may be able to get coverage outside the open enrollment period if you have certain life changes — like getting married, having a baby, losing other coverage, or moving — or if you qualify for Medicaid or CHIP. Click here for more information: coverks.com/life-happens.
Get Ready to Enroll: What will you need to apply and enroll?
When enrolling, you will be asked for basic information about your family and household. Make sure to gather the following information before you apply.
- Names, birth dates and Social Security numbers for everyone in your household.
- Your projected household income.
- Tax information, such as filing status and number of dependents.
- Immigration documentation and supporting identification numbers.
- Completed Employer Coverage Tool form, which can be downloaded from healthcare.gov.
- If you plan to submit an online application, you will need an email address and the associated password to create an online Marketplace account. Your Certified Application Counselor can help you create an email address if you do not have one.
How to request accessible communications
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) provides free auxiliary aids and services including information in
accessible formats like Braille, large print, data/audio files, relay services and TTY communications. To request
Medicare or Marketplace information in an accessible format:
- Call 800-318-2596 or TTY: 855-889-4325 OR
- Send your name, phone number, type of information needed (if known), and mailing address via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org, OR fax 844-530-3676, OR send a letter to the following address:
Centers for Medicare &
Offices of Hearings and Inquiries (OHI)
7500 Security Boulevard, Mail Stop S1-13-25
Attn: Customer Accessibility Resource Staff